Toll Free
Book Appointment now
Located in Plant City

Child Visitation After My Divorce

Protecting My Child's Best Interest

Divorce is never an easy legal process to navigate, but when children are involved, the challenges will likely be much more difficult. Making child custody and visitation arrangements is a legal matter that families with minor children will have to encounter as they terminate their marriage. The court in Florida will base the child visitation decision on the child's best interest. Contact my firm to protect your child's best interests in the midst of a visitation case.

Visitation rights allow the parent who does not receive custody to spend reasonable time with his or her child. The term "reasonable visitation" means that intentional time is granted to a party who can continue to build a relationship with the child. Visitation can be granted to the parent who does not have physical custody of the child.

Time schedules can be structured by the court as a portion of the child custody agreement. In other cases, it can be left to the parents to determine if they are able to come to a mutual agreement. If change is needed and both parents can agree, the changes can be documented to the court for approval.

Who can get visitation rights?

Florida State does not differentiate between male and female when deciding on a child visitation and custody arrangement. The non-custodial party, whether father or mother, can pursue visitation rights. In addition, grandparents can pursue visitation rights in some cases.

Two conditions will need to be met before the court can grant visitation rights to the child's grandparents, which are:

  • Determine whether grandparent visitation is in the child's best interest
  • Making sure that either child has divorced parents, was deserted, or was born out of wedlock

Do not wait to obtain the legal guidance that my firm offers. I can protect your rights and help you seek the best possible solution.

Facebook Twitter Google+
Law Office of Keith Will Wynne, Esq. - Plant City Bankruptcy Lawyer

Plant City Office - 1001 E. Baker Street, Suite 101, Plant City, FL 33563. Phone: (813) 567-5894 | Local Phone: (813) 752-3100.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

© 2015 All Rights Reserved.